Sunday, March 31, 2013

STAAR Writing is Here!!

I had an amazing weekend with my family and hope you all did as well! I also hope all of your kiddos are ready for this week's STAAR test.

Reminders/Upcoming Events:

  • Be sure your child is well rested and has a nutritious dinner and breakfast in order to be well prepared for Tuesday and Wednesday's tests! I will have muffins and juice for students on both days to be sure their brains are at their best. Be sure your child is to school ON TIME and in a good mood. 
  • A few good reminders you can give your children before they come to school both days...
    • Do your very best! You have learned everything you will need to know. This is your time to show off to everyone what you've learned.
    • Take your time! You have 4 hours to take the test. If you finish too quickly, it usually means you haven't looked over your test. 
    • Check your work! There will be time for you to look over your answers to be sure you have made the best choice...and filled in every bubble correctly.
    • Read and read-read your composition! When we write, there is always editing and revising that can be done. Be sure to turn in your very best composition!
    • Your teachers and parents have faith in you!
  • I'm still in need of help preparing items for our Power Up For STAAR (Mario-themed) Motivational Week before Reading and Math STAAR. Some things can be cut out/prepared at home. I do need a few things done at school. Let me know if you are available to do either. I appreciate your help in advance! If you are unable to help and would like to make a monetary donation towards the supplies we will be using that week, I guarantee it will be used as effectively as possible. 
  • Be sure you know where your class shirt is. We will be having a class spirit day next week! I expect to see everyone in their burnt orange. (I do have some in the classroom for kids who didn't take them home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment